About Alicia


Tea drinker. Thrift shopper. Gypsy at heart.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

GOODBYE NICK

I've been putting off writing my first "legit" post due to a lack of inspirational ideas. I tried thinking of some tutorial I could do or style post, but I'm just not in the mood and don't want to force it out of me. Yet here I am, writing my first post and it is about: clutter.

(I wish my clutter was this pretty)

I'm one of those people who LOVES going through my belongings/clothes preferably every 2 weeks. You might be thinking, "Wow! She must be so organized and minimalistic!" But alas, you are completely off base. I'm generally pretty messy and have way too many items with "sentimental value". If anything, the fact that I can go through my belongings every 2 weeks and still get rid of items, speaks of how much rubbish I have!

The other day I discovered a box full of Snapple caps. Instantly my brain said, "Toss that junk", but I just couldn't help reading every single bottle cap and feeling 50 times smarter afterwards. I kept them. I could totally use them! Maybe have them in a bowl on an eventual coffee table for people to read, certainly much cheaper than a box of Table Topics. I mean listen to this, "The original Cinderella was Egyptian and wore fur slippers." Why did she become Westernized? Way cooler to be Egyptian! Anyways, still not sure how well sticky bottle caps will add to the overall look of a living room, but we'll see.

I am tossing out quite a lot this time around. My Nick Jonas poster is one such item. It is laminated and everything, but I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate me having a white boy staring at me as I sleep.

I've found that the only item that I never get rid of is books. No matter how old they are, I know I'll revisit them and frankly just enjoy their look in my room. The more the merrier!

My tips for de-junkifying:
1. Don't buy crap in the first place.
2. Keep papers organized and go through them routinely. Papers pile up fast!
3. If you are a student and you keep your returned assignments like me...don't. Believe it or not, but you'll probably never reread your "American Lit. Crossword Puzzle".
4. Minimize and compact.
5. Reward yourself with some Sipping Chocolate from Trader Joe's.

Cheers!

-Alicia

1 comment:

  1. yeah ... i agree with you, i don't think your boy friend would be happy of having a Nick Jonas poster starring at you while you sleep LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete