About Alicia


Tea drinker. Thrift shopper. Gypsy at heart.

Friday, November 8, 2013

UPDATE!

Just 2 posts to my name & I already became MIA. I am ashamed. I do have a reason though. Not sure if you realized, but there are actually places in the world without wifi. I moved to my Grandma's house & guess what? Horrors of horrors, my gma's is one of those places! I know! Crazy! I basically live with a cavewoman! There isn't even any generous neighbors that provide free wifi. Rude.

So suffice it to say, I only have internet if I walk for an hour to my parent's house (I have no car) or catch a ride with my mother to my community college. Thankfully, I do have a phone that has texting, but due to lack of finances I'm still on my parents plan & my mother locks my phone after 10:30pm. The technological part of my life sucks.

BUT! There is a magical thing called a portable DVD player that must have been created just for me! The regional library has the DVD's & I have the player! A match made in Tech Heaven. Drop everything and watch these flicks right now.

-Benny & Joon (1993)


-Edward Scissorhands (1990)

-The Wind Journeys (2009)
Actually Film Movement movies in general. Watch them all. Arranged (2007) is another great one. 
These are just a few movies that have kept me sane. I tend to watch them while I'm in the bath snacking on some cookies. Kind of an electrical hazard. When my eyeballs are done for the day I have been rediscovering the delicious voice of Ray LaMontagne. When I feel like attempting to shake what my momma didn't give me, I turn up some Shakira tunes. I'm not ashamed.

Despite my complaining, I have managed to find the benefits of having extremely limited screen & phone time. I'm halfway done knitting a hat for my love & am reading 3 books: Grapes of Wrath, Verbal Judo: The Gentle Art of Persuasion, & First-Time Around the World. Not too mention, my journal has never seen so much attention. I'm glad I'm learning how to go back to just enjoying silence & the company of my thoughts. (If you're reading this mom, this does not mean you should restrict my phone at 10pm)

Well dears, that is all I have to offer for now. The library is closing & I must go back to the cave. Till next time! Cheers!

-Alicia

2 comments:

  1. aww lish i keep thinking of those amazing months we sent living together. I miss living with you!! -alina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I miss you too! You were a very good cuddle buddy, except when you would snap photos of me sleeping. ;)

      Delete