About Alicia


Tea drinker. Thrift shopper. Gypsy at heart.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

"When you are washing the dishes, washing the dishes must be the most important thing in your life. Just as when you are drinking tea, drinking tea must be the most important thing in your life. Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the whole world revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life."
Thich Nhat Hahn

This quote is my new mantra. For so long I focused on what I wasn't doing or what wasn't going well in my life, but this has helped to refocus me. I may not have my degree, my family, or an apartment in France, but I do have a roof over my head, the best man in the world by my side, and small joys that happen everyday. I have to learn to acknowledge those little joys since that is what our lives are made up of. I only just realized this and it has rekindled my spirit.

I still have days where I don't want to get out of bed and I cry over things I've lost, but even in that I find joy in having someone to talk to, someone who lets me cry on their shoulder and often cries with me. I'm thankful for the warm bath I can soak in and my cup of tea. All the things I tend to take for granted help me realize life isn't so bad.  

So here's to appreciating, reveling, and rejoicing in every bite of food, every warm shower, every kiss from your love, and every small thing that makes up your day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment